It was REALLY good! Use my crazy easy breadcrumb recipe. You will NOT regret it!!!
- 1 large eggplant, peeled and sliced into 1/4-1/3 inch slices
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1.5 cups low carb breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup organic marinara (check ingredients and look out for sugars, canola oil or soybean oil as ingredients)
- 4 fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese (optional)
- egg (optional to put on top at the end)
- prosciutto (optional to put on top at the end)
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Place eggplant slices on parchment and bake for 25 minutes. Allow the slices to cool. Dip in egg and then breadcrumbs. Place eggplant back on the parchment and cook for 7 additional minutes on each side. Warm the marinara over low heat and sprinkle parmesan over the top. Broil for 1-2 minutes until cheese is bubbly. Garnish with fresh basil, (egg and prosciutto optional for a breakfast dish).
The possibilities with this are endless! Non low carb people won’t know that it’s not really breadcrumbs, and kids will love it!
- 6 cups pork rinds (chicharrones with only ingredients being pork and salt)
- 1.5 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
Pulse all ingredients in the food processor until they reach the desired consistency. Use as breading or binder, and all kinds of recipes to make them low carb.
- 1 cup seasoned “breadcrumbs“
- 1 lb organic chicken tenders
- 4 Tbsp ghee, grassfed butter, lard, or avocado oil
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 lemon
- 2 basil leaves, finely chopped
Melt the ghee over medium-high heat in a skillet.
Dip the chicken into the egg and then in the breadcrumbs.
Cook the chicken in the ghee for three minutes on each side.
Put on a plate and sprinkle with lemon juice and fresh basil