This was SO amazing! It is a combination of flavors that makes me think of either cheese ravioli or pizza. Not sure which, but they both taste amazing to me. THIS WAS SO EASY! I will admit that my usual self that doesn’t eat non processed food did cave to laziness on this one. I used Bertolli Alfredo Sauce and a marinara sauce that was lower in carbs. I did not make those from scratch as I was already cooking this at 9pm.
- 1 cup marinara sauce (check label to make sure there aren’t a lot of sugars)
- 1 cup alfredo sauce (any recipe will work)
- 2 cups chopped spinach
- 5 cups cooked riced cauliflower (Trader Joes has both frozen and fresh)…microwave for 12 minutes to cook.
- 1 Tbsp Kerrygold butter
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
In a skillet, melt the butter. Cook down the spinach until wilted. Add sauces and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add salt and pepper. Stir in cauliflower. Put mixture into a casserole dish. Sprinkle with the cheese over the top. Bake until cheese is bubbly; 20-25 minutes.
These were really tasty and surprisingly filling! Make sure that you really grease up the muffin tin. I did one regular size muffin tin and one mini muffin tin. This makes a total of 32 pieces regardless of which tin you use. The edges and bottom come out crispy, so I suggest reheating upside down under the broiler to get it crispy on all sides.
- 1 small head of cauliflower, riced (pulse in food processor or use a grater) or 1 bag of cauliflower rice from Trader Joe’s
- 1 1/4 cups cheese (choose what you like. I used the 3 cheese blend from Trader Joe’s)
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp sea salt (more if you like)
- 2 slices bacon, chopped (more if you like)
- 1 egg, beaten
- grease for muffin tins
Grease muffin tins. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
Microwave the riced cauliflower for 9 minutes, stirring occasionally. Allow to cool for ten minutes, and add all ingredients. Stir to combine. With a 1 Tbsp measure, drop into individual tins. Press to form a flat surface. Bake for 15 minutes. Allow to cool and pop out of the muffin tins. Dip in ranch, low carb ketchup, or marinara!