Making some fun apps for a kid-pleasing get-together. Nobody will ever know that they’re Keto.
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella
- ¾ cup almond flour
- 2 tbs cream cheese, cubed
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp xanthan gum (optional)
- garlic powder
- sea salt
- Pepperoni–the amount will really depend on how much you like.
- 8-12 mozzarella cheese slices
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- Combine almond flour, garlic powder, salt, xanthan gum, and cheeses and stir in a bowl. In the microwave, heat for about a minute and 30 seconds.
- Stir the mixture and add egg until combined.
- While still warm, cut the dough in half.
- On a nonstick baking mat or Silpat, use wet fingers and hands to shape each half of the dough into rectangles (size can vary but the approximate size is 6×9 inches)
- After forming the dough into rectangles, lay down a layer of cheese topped with a layer of pepperoni. How much you put of each depends on your own personal tastes.
- Sprinkle parmesan over the tops.
- Gently roll each rectangle into a “log”.
- Put in the freezer to cool for 20 minutes.
- Cut each log into 1/4-1/2 inch slices.
- Lay the pinwheels on the non-stick baking mats or parchment, and bake until tops look golden. About 10-15 minutes.
Serve with ranch or marinara sauce. Makes about two dozen.
One thought on “Pepperoni Pinwheels”
This was a lovely bblog post